Sunday, September 23, 2012

Puff Pastry Pinwheel Cookies with Jam

Ack! These cookies, they were not all that great.  I mean, I've definitely had worse, but I'd never go out of my way to make them again, or even snack on one if I saw it.  They're rather bland and boring, and sure a lot of work.
In fact, the first tray burned entirely.  When I didn't follow the instructions they worked out better, but save yourself the trouble and don't make these.  I brought a plate of these to work and came home with most of them.

Baking notes:
-The recipe called for the jam to be added before it was placed in the oven, but the result was cookies that were totally burned to shit.  In the next batch I added the jam immediately after they were out of the oven and it turned out much better.
-Using 1/4 tsp of sugar on each cookie was more than enough.

The recipe for Puff Pastry Pinwheel Cookies with Jam is on the epicurious website.

32/569

No comments:

Post a Comment