Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Classic Christmas Cutout Cookies

Next week will already mark the last installment of our Christmas cookie series.  I've got to say: I'm totally bummed!  I've loved my weekly timeline for baking (even if it usually gets up late). I'm guessing I'll continue at this pace, but with treats abound, as they are at this time of year, who can really say?  This cookie recipe came at a truly appropriate time, with cookie decorating being the thing to do at this time of year.  We've got plans for next week, but I considered this a trial run.  Unfortunately these cookies aren't as good as my go to recipe.  I find the flavour a bit boring and bland.  There isn't really much else to say.  The texture is nice, the process was easy, but I've had better.

Baking notes:
-I made a half batch of this recipe, since I knew we weren't going to be decorating.
-To roll out the dough after a night in the fridge I let it sit on the counter for 20 minutes.  Even then it just cracked under my rolling pin (which I hate!) so I kneaded it a few times into a softer ball and rolled it out liberally sprinkled with flour.
-I had to watch the cookies closely as they baked, turning the pan halfway through.  And took them out as soon as there was a hint of brown around the edges.

The recipe for Classic Christmas Cutout Cookies can not be found online.

54/569

No comments:

Post a Comment