Friday, December 21, 2012

Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies

I started this cookie post on the right day, Tuesday, exactly one week before Christmas.  As you can tell it's Friday now, and the only reason I even have time to post is because I'm laid up in bed with a terrible cough and a fever of 101.3.  Not perfect timing for being sick if you ask me.  As is my usual, I got sick on my weekend, which is entirely irritating on it's own, since we had mega plans this weekend, Christmas gift deliveries, a birthday party, The Hobbit watching, and a wine and cheese party on Saturday.  Not only that, but I have Christmas gifts to buy and make, and it seems that today I'm not going anywhere at all.  My to-do list is getting compressed, but luckily this is one thing I can do from bed.

Peppermint is so perfect this time of year, I'm making everything with it!  I've done cupcakes, and chocolate bark, hot chocolate and now cookies.  They're crunchy and sweet and very cute to boot.  However, when you bit into them the filling squished out all over your hands, making them tricky to eat.  I liked them enough, but I wouldn't be bothered to make them again.

Baking notes:
-I made a half batch of cookies, we had about three dozen in the house already.
-The recipe is simple and quick, enjoy.

56/569

The recipe for Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies can be found on the epicurious website.

No comments:

Post a Comment