Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mexican Hot Fudge Sundaes

This hot fudge sundae was everything I wanted it to be and more!  I was looking for something with ice cream, but only one flavour.  I wanted the ice cream that night, so making it was out of the question.  I finally settled on this and it was such a breeze to make!  Everyone loves a good hot fudge sundae, and this one was better than most.  It had delicious creamy ice cream, a spice-y and unique hot fudge and instead of pine nuts, buttery decadent toasted pecans. You might think it a slightly odd combination, but it's one that works oh so well.  I've eaten far too many bowls of this in the past few days, and renewed my appreciation for the classic hot fudge sundae.  This dessert is seriously delicious!

Baking notes:
-The hot fudge takes only a few minutes to make, and toasting the pecans is by far the hardest part!
-Keep in mind the fudge recipe makes a lot.  So if you don't mind a seemingly bottomless jar of fudge sauce make the whole thing, otherwise go ahead and half it, you'll still have more than enough.
-Instead of pine nuts (which I don't care for and are very expensive) I toasted some pecans and chopped them up.  It was the right thing to do.

The recipe for Mexican Hot Fudge Sundaes can be found on the epicurious website.

74/569

No comments:

Post a Comment