Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter-Spiced Molten Chocolate Cakes with Rum-Ginger Ice Cream

After a very disappointing end to a date we had planned, (read: it didn't happen) I knew dinner was going to have to be amazing to salvage the evening.  The fondue I made was fantastic (how couldn't it be?), but I think this dessert is what really blew me away.  Or maybe that was the extra large glass of wine talking.  I doubt it.  The cake was very easy to make the day before and stick in the fridge overnight.  After dinner was over I popped them in the oven for 18 minutes and voila! One amazing dessert that took very little effort.  These cakes were a perfect consistency, with a crackly crust and and oozing molten insides.  The ice cream paired wonderfully with the cakes and the spices were wonderfully winter-y.  My only complaint is that they were extremely sweet, I'd be happy with about a third less cake next time, which would not be hard to do.

Baking notes:
-I made a quarter of this recipe, which was very easy to do, that way there was no leftovers!
-Make this dessert!

The recipe for Winter-Spiced Molten Chocolate Cakes with Rum-Ginger Ice Cream can be found on the epicurious website.

62/569

No comments:

Post a Comment