Thursday, July 26, 2012

Milk Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies

These. Cookies. Were. Awesome. and addictive.  Warning, make for a big crowd or you'll be eating them all.  I brought these cookies camping with my family and every time the container came out they were demolished in seconds.  Granted my family loves peanut butter (at least the non-crazy members) so these cookies were a guaranteed hit.

The cookies are a bit chewy, the filling is smooth, separately they're good, but together they're something else entirely.  Imagine: chewy, slightly melty, a teeny bit crunchy and totally sweet.  Done.  Taste-wise they're quite a bit like a peanut butter cup, a giant peanut butter heavy reese's.  I'll make these cookies again for sure and make a few more people very happy.

Baking notes:
-Be sure to use the chemical laden, multi ingredient, awesome tasting peanut butter.  With the 1/2 cup leftover slather your smores with them and thank me later.
-I made the cookies exactly as outlined in the recipe and the results were perfect
-I kept the cookies in the fridge, otherwise they had a tendency to slide off each other.  They were perfect chilled.

The recipe for Milk Chocolate-Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies is on the Bon Appetit website.

18/569


I'm sorry there are no normal pictures, my lens was broken at the time these cookies were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment