Thursday, June 7, 2012

Old Fashioned Brownies

"Which one should I choose, Tash?  My perfect brownies or the old fashioned brownies from the book?"
"The perfect ones obviously, why would you make another brownie recipe after you have the perfect one?"
"So I can check it off the list.  You're right though, I'll make the brownies I know are good."

A conversation between my sister and I deciding on dessert for seven.  After I returned home for the store I realized I had forgotten all the ingredients to my perfect brownies and had on hand the exact amount of chocolate for these brownies.  So that settled that.  Unfortunately these brownies were far from perfect, in fact they were not very good at all.  Dry, lackluster and disappointing.  Stick to my perfect recipe for a straight-up-chocolate-brownie.

Baking notes:
- I made half of this recipe in an 8x8 inch pan, which was the perfect size for seven people.
- I baked it for 16 minutes, but that was too long.
- I found it took a while to make this brownie recipe, mostly because of the time needed to cool the chocolate.

You can find the Old-Fashioned Brownie recipe on the Bon Appetit website.

11/569

No comments:

Post a Comment