Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dark and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Ginger


The cookies were the first thing I packed into the camping basket.  Peanut butter, bread, bags of our favourite chips all made it, but after these cookies.  We ate them while hiking, while on the ferry and pretty much any other time they popped into view.  I know for sure they would make great food swap/potluck cookies, they'd be some of the first to go.

They were amazing!  The texture in them was pure bliss, fudgy and chewy, the super chocolate cookie of your dreams.  While the ginger was fine, none of the folks in my house (myself included) love candied ginger.  The first day was enjoyable, but a few days later the ginger was even more pronounced, too much for these cookie lovers.  I'll be making these cookies all the time now, they've earned a spot on this list, but minus the ginger.

Baking notes:
-Using a high-quality white chocolate, like lindt makes all the difference to those of us who claim not to like white chocolate.  The 3 1/2oz called for is exactly what a bar weighs.
-I used semi-sweet chocolate in the recipe rather than bittersweet, I personally found this to be perfect.

You can find the Dark and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Ginger recipe on the epicurious website.

14/569

No comments:

Post a Comment