Monday, May 20, 2013

Lemon Macaroon Pie

I'm in flux, a lot like May's weather.  There is sun and showers, often in the same day.  But the days are consistently warm and the flowers are oh so happy with the weather. It's just about time to plant the basil and the tomatoes, any week now.  The stress of exams has been wearing on both of us.  My mood is hot and cold, always changing.  Shane finished his first year of school this week and with it I certainly hope goes all the stress.  To go with the sunshine I made this lemon macaroon pie.  Lemon, coconut and almond, it's a quirky combination.  I can't say we totally enjoyed it, there was pie leftover at the end of the week.  The texture threw us off, with it's stringy coconut and the almond didn't blend in as seamlessly as it should.  The pie crust stuck like crazy to my glass pie pan, which made getting it out a total mess.  In the end it wasn't something I'd find myself craving and I'm happy to move on to the next thing.

Baking notes:
-I used a pre-made pie crust, which you could say was my first mistake (though I am terrible at making them, so my results would have been less than satisfactory too).
-I did not bake the pie as long as the recipe stated, but my oven tends to burn everything, so it may not have been ready to come out on the inside.  I baked a total for 30 minutes.

80/569

The recipe for Lemon Macaroon Pie can be found on the epicurious website.

No comments:

Post a Comment