Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Chocolate Pudding with Espresso Whipped Cream

I have a thing for pudding. I don't necessarily have a thing for dark rainy nights, but I have a solution for them.  All winter long I have been craving the comfort of puddings, just like a warm sweater you slip into, pudding caresses my belly into childlike happiness.  I spent many evenings at the supper table, with a cool bowl of pudding in my paws, a reward for eating my vegetables.  It's one of my fondest dessert memories, and the one that calls the loudest when I think of my very youngest years. Recently we've been in need for some real comfort.  Shane has been studying hard for exams, and dealing with having shingles, while I've just started a full-time night line.  These things are hard, and demand real heart helping nourishment.  Unlike this one, my childhood pudding came straight from a 5x4 inch box, the directions were straight forward: add milk.  While there are a few more steps involved with this recipe, the effort is hardly significant.  After the fourth time I found my head in the fridge and a spoonful of pudding in my hand I realized this treat is the ideal grownup version of my favourite dessert memory.

Baking notes:
-I made this dessert exactly as indicated and it was spot on.  Nothing curdled, ideally flavoured. Basically perfect.

The recipe for Chocolate Pudding with Espresso Whipped Cream can be found on the epicurious website.

70/569

No comments:

Post a Comment