Friday, February 15, 2013

Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting

Yesterday was Valentine's day and while I don't wholeheartedly support such a consumeristic holiday (but aren't they all?) I do love an opportunity to remind my husband how much I love him.  February is a love month for us though, because his birthday is on the last day of the month, which is a whole other lovefest!  I wrote sweet notes and left little chocolates around the house for him in the two week leading up to V-day, so on the 14th I had to pull out a few extra stops, namely the book he'd be eyeing up recently and his favourite, fudgy brownies and peanut butter.  Together!  This recipe was absolutely perfect since it was a marriage of the two, a classic brownie with a peanut butter frosting.  He loved them, and so did everyone at my work who got half a pan of leftovers.  I thought these were especially good straight out of the fridge. Do what you like!

Baking notes:
-I thought the brownies were a tad dry even though I took them out at 18 minutes, rather than 20.  Next time I'd check them at 16.5 or 17 minutes.
-The peanut butter frosting was good, but a little boring.  Next time I would incorporate cream cheese into the frosting for a little extra interest.

The recipe for Chocolate Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting can be found on the epicurious website.

68/569

No comments:

Post a Comment