Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chocolate-Espresso Cookies


I woke up sick the other morning, with a throat on fire and a hacking cough in my lungs.  I whipped to the store for kleenex and tylenol so I could spend the day in bed.  It was fine for the first few hours but then I grew restless, I'm not one to spend the day lying down.  I started thinking about cookies, the kind I was craving, buttery, crisp and chocolaty.  I knew an espresso shortbread cookie cookie I loved, crack cookies we affectionately call them, but I figured I could try something new.

Enter chocolate-espresso cookies, a light, sophisticated, crisp cookie well suited to the end of a fancy dinner party or better yet; a steaming cup of coffee.  The thin little cookies are perfectly balanced between salty, sweet and sophisticated, both elegant and homely at the same time.  I loved these little cookies!

Baking notes:
-The dough was very easy to put together, it took only a few minutes.  Most of my time this recipe was spent waiting.
-I assume there is a good reason for using both butter and margarine, probably something to do with spreading.
-I added some finely chopped dark chocolate for good measure.  I think this was a great move, I love the unexpected bites of decadence.

I have not found the recipe for chocolate-espresso cookies on the internet.

9/569

No comments:

Post a Comment