Sunday, August 5, 2012

Individual Plum Cobblers with Hazelnut Topping


This recipe is the first I actually, genuinely, did not like.  To the point that I didn't eat it!  There were several things I found unappetizing. Firstly, the plums got way to thick and gummy, and they tasted bitter oddly.  The biscuit topping was dry and sandy textured.  Together I was totally unimpressed.  I'm not sure if it was even my fault.  I did make a half batch, and substituted cornstarch for tapioca, which I suppose could thicken a little stronger.  I also used an odd shape ramekin, which would have altered the baking time.  The biscuits were just plain bad, and I was sure not to over mix them.  All and all it was a total fail. Boo!

Baking notes:
-As stated I halved the recipe, changed the size of the baking dish, and substituted cornstarch for tapioca.
-I also omitted the cinnamon and added a touch of ginger powder.

The recipe for plum cobblers with hazelnut topping can be found on the epicurious website.

22/569

No comments:

Post a Comment